Quite a bit has gone down since last Tuesday's links. The Rockies did eventually sign Jamie Moyer to that minor league contract we discussed. Dan O'Dowd turned around and traded Kevin Slowey to the Cleveland Indians before he ever threw a single pitch in Colorado. And more importantly than those moves, he also acquired Marco Scutaro from the Boston Red Sox for Clayton Mortensen.
Yes, that Clayton Mortensen.
All that activity means Rockies writers and bloggers had a lot to talk about this week. Here are a few of the more interesting opinions.
1. Starting with my own, of course. In case you missed it, here's what I had to say about the dealings. Heaven & Helton
2. O'Dowd's pieces fit together, but is it the right puzzle asks Andrew Fisher. Purple Row
3. A Farewell Letter to Kevin Slowey. Rox Pile
4. Long-time Rockies blogger David Martin gives his take on the Scutaro trade. Does he think the Rockies look better now than they did on October 1? Rockies Review
5. Logan Burdine provides a slight reassessment of the Rockies offseason following this past week's activity. Blake Street Bulletin
6. Todd Helton spoke to Mark Kiszla, thus making the usually unreadable Denver Post columnist's latest Rockies piece worthy of a glance, if only to read Todd's quotes. Denver Post
7. To close we venture away from Coors Field to Cooperstown, New York, where Michelle Hoag visited the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Read all about her trip and check out the interesting photos of Rockies memorabilia commemorating some of the franchise's biggest milestones. Rox Pile