Carlos Gonzalez is out of the lineup but may be alright to pinch-hit. Seth Smith starts and hits lead-off. Miguel Olivo is back behind the plate, which means Chris Iannetta has played one time in the last 7 days. Not going to lie, that's starting to piss me off.
Can't decide if I want to watch the Rockies feed or the Mets. Probably end up going back and forth.
1st Pitch on its way.
- Jim Tracy grades his team at a C+ through the first week. That's a + too generous in my opinion.
- 22 pitch inning for Smith results in two strikeouts, a walk, but no damage. Mets batters works some deep counts on him though, so that could factor in next time through the lineup.
- Two out action for the Rockies: Helton singles on an 0-2 pitch, Tulo walks on four pitches, and Hawpe pulls his first pitch down the line for a 2-run double.
- Rockies all now scored first in all seven games. Rockies 2, Mets 0
- Brad Hawpe leaves the game with an undisclosed something or other. Lovely.
- Smith with a low pitch 1-2-3 second. Nice shutdown inning.
- It wasn't pretty but Greg Smith gets a bunt down. Rockies 2nd and 3rd, 1 out here. Top of the order.
- Horrendous AB by Seth Smith. Pops to short. Fowler flies out weakly to center.