Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hits & Misses: Spring Training Game 27

Rockies 6,  A's 6 (Boxscore)

Hits

Jorge Da La Rosa

Why DLR isn't starting the second of the season boggles my mind. I know Jim Tracy thinks it's a big deal to pitch the home opener, and I agree it's a nice honor, but I'm more of the belief that your second best pitcher pitches the second game of the season. Maybe I'm crazy. I just prefer that setup.

Dexter Fowler

This kid is turning in unbelievably patient ABs. If this patience and approach carries over into the regular season, the Rockies top of the order is going to be deadly. Tulowitzki might be looking at a chance for 140+ RBI if he hits close to .300.

Troy Tulowitzki

Speaking of Tulo, he launched and a 3-run tater and high-fived his teammates as if he'd put them ahead in the late innings of a playoff game. He's ready for April 5!

Misses

Justin Speier

His outside chance at making the Rockies just got a little further outside. A Brad Eldred error certainly didn't help matters, but Speier wasn't getting anyone else on his own either.

Huston Street

Street is apparently still feeling the stiffness, but plans to push through it in an effort to prepare for the season. I THINK that's the best way to attack it, I just don't know for sure that it is. So it gets a misss because I honestly don't know what the hell is going here.

0 comments: