Carlos Gonzalez is out of the lineup but may be alright to pinch-hit. Seth Smith starts and hits lead-off. Miguel Olivo is back behind the plate, which means Chris Iannetta has played one time in the last 7 days. Not going to lie, that's starting to piss me off.
Can't decide if I want to watch the Rockies feed or the Mets. Probably end up going back and forth.
1st Pitch on its way.
- Jim Tracy grades his team at a C+ through the first week. That's a + too generous in my opinion.
- 22 pitch inning for Smith results in two strikeouts, a walk, but no damage. Mets batters works some deep counts on him though, so that could factor in next time through the lineup.
- Two out action for the Rockies: Helton singles on an 0-2 pitch, Tulo walks on four pitches, and Hawpe pulls his first pitch down the line for a 2-run double.
- Rockies all now scored first in all seven games. Rockies 2, Mets 0
- Brad Hawpe leaves the game with an undisclosed something or other. Lovely.
- Smith with a low pitch 1-2-3 second. Nice shutdown inning.
- It wasn't pretty but Greg Smith gets a bunt down. Rockies 2nd and 3rd, 1 out here. Top of the order.
- Horrendous AB by Seth Smith. Pops to short. Fowler flies out weakly to center.
- Another solid inning for Smith. Keeping the pitch count on track
- Brad Hawpe left the game with a tight quadriceps muscle. Hmm.
- Ian Stewart with a big 2-out RBI single. Much needed clutchness there!
- Barmes dribbles one back to the mound. Maine bounces the throw down the right field line and two more come across.
- The Smith-and-Smith connection deliver an RBI double (Greg) and two-run homer (Seth). All 8 Rockies runs have come with two outs.
- Oh... and TACOS
- Rockies 8, Mets 0
- First two Mets reach. Smith induces a Francoeur 6-4-3 DP and strikes out Tatis. His aggressiveness has gone up at least three notches in this game which is leading to terrific results.
- Greg Smith gets the bottom of the Mets order 1-2-3. Settling into a groove tonight.
- Rockies offense hits its mid-game funk. Not as big a deal tonight.
- Seth Smith with a cannon to cut down Luis Castillo. Probably a bad call there.
- And a big break for the Rockies as David Wright followed with a homer.
- Rockies 8, Mets 1
- I am standing in my office right now and applauding Greg Smith. That was a sensational outing. Congratulations to him.
- Rockies have loaded the bases here with nobody out. Of all the games to get insurance runs this season, this isn't one where it's necessary.
- Barmes draws the walk for one run. Greg Smith adds a second RBI to his total on a FC. Seth Smith with his 3rd RBI of the night. Yet we're still well short of San Diego's outburst yesterday.
- Rockies 11, Mets 2
- Esmil Rogers gets another mop-up appearance tonight. His 8th has a little bit of everything: couple hits, a walk, couple strikeouts. Mets do get one on a Bay single. May have thrown too many pitches to get another inning out of him.
- Rockies 11, Mets 3
- Matt Belisle on to wrap this one up. His inning is a clean one and the Rox have their most comfortable victory of the early season. I'll have a lot more to say about it in the Rock Solid Recap a little later.
- Final: Rockies 11, Mets 3