- Dexter Fowler, as many switch-hitters do against a right-handed knuckleballer, will hit from the left side.
- Rockies are making Haeger prove he can throw a knuckleball for a strike. He can't. Can't throw a fastball for a strike either. Three walks in a row.
- CarGo clears the bases! Sweet piece of hitting.
- Charlie Haeger out after five batters. Damn! Ramon Ortiz in.
- Ian Stewart: Two-run bomb to dead central.
- #8 hitter Paul Phillips is the first out recorded.
- Rockies 6, Dodgers 0
- Good start for Jhoulys Chacin. Only needed 13-14 pitches.
- Have a day, Ian Stewart! Adds an RBI single to his total. 3 RBI in two ABs.
- Rockies 7, Dodgers 0
- Chacin with a leadoff walk to Loney. Really can't have that up by 7. Strikes.
- Wow... Chacin collects himself to strikeout Blake, Blake D, and Jamey Carroll. He has a changeup and slider working for him.
- Jamey Carroll playing a little more like Jamey Carroll tonight. Commits an error.
- I think the Rockies just got ripped on another call at first. Fowler looked safe, although he took he a rather silly route to first base. Just run THROUGH the bag next time. Cost the Rox a run.
- Chacin deals with a couple soft hits in the inning. Retires Manny to get out of it with a 0.
- Chacin with a solid 1-2-3 inning. Racking up the scoreless frames.
- Ramon Ortiz has settled the game down for LA. Though it's not unusual for the Rockies offense to disappear for innings at a time.
- Another inning of off balance Dodger hitters. Chacin in command.
- Ian Stewart collects his third hit of the game. An opposite field single. Good signs from him tonight.
- Barmes slaps an RBI single to right. Keep adding gents.
- Rockies 8, Dodgers 0
- Andre Ethier also has three hits. He remains quite studly.
- Chacin safely through the 6th at around 91 pitches. Will he get another inning? Typically that would be a no-brainer. But given the score and his age, I'm not so sure.
- Chacin hitting for himself. That settles that.
- And Chacin throws another 1-2-3 inning. Holy crap is this kid dealing.
- Helton's swing looks shockingly ugly. Four strikeouts the the last two games. That lack of a HR seems to be in his mind.
- Chacin still in. Kemp starts the 8th with the weakest of his weak hits in the series.
- Strikes out AJ Ellis on three pitches. The last two were untouchable sliders.
- Manny bloops another weak ass single to center. Not a single ball hit hard on Chacin all night.
- He'll leave now for Randy Flores.
- Flores gets the 1-6-3. Significant because it keeps Chacin's 15 1/3 scoreless streak intact!
- Rockies 0-for-9 from the 7th inning on. Thankfully there was enough offense early.
- Joe Beimel preserves the shutout. This one couldn't have been scripted much better. Great performance.
- Final: Rockies 8, Dodgers 0