More Lineups Changes
That's to be expected on a Sunday, but these are fairly significant.
Dexter Fowler leads off. Clint Barmes hits second and plays second. Why, I don't know.
Carlos Gonzalez hits third, Tulowitzki fourth, Jason Giambi in for Helton is fifth.
Melvin Mora starts for Ian Stewart and hits 6th. So I guess Tracy has determined that Stewart can't hit lefties? That's nonsense and a little bit of overmanaging. Just let Stewart play. Or maybe Mora is turning into his new Olivo, since Olivo is now scuffling.
Ryan Spilborghs hits seventh. Paul Phillips gets his first start and hits eighth. Jhuolys Chacin on the mound. We all have our fingers crossed for the youngster.
- Here we go. I feel good about this today. Let's see how long that'll last!
- And I still feel good despite the Rockies going down 1-2-3 on 8 pitches.
- Chacin does his job -- should have been a 1-2-3 inning -- but Barmes doesn't do his job. Boots the Panda grounder.
- Chacin rebounds with a nasty breaker to strikeout Huff looking. That's a nice looking pitch.
- Tulo singles and takes second on a flyball. Scratch & Claw.
- Tulo steals third. He's feeling it today. He's trying to will this team to play better.
- Nice AB by Spilly to draw. Up to Phillips here.
- Phillips strikes out to end the threat. Decent AB for him. Liked what I saw that inning for the most part despite the 0.
- Chacin sets them down in order. Pound that strike zone, Jhoulys.
- Fowler singled but was caught stealing to end the inning. I appreciate these attempts to get something going. It'll pay off eventually.
- And there's a leadoff walk by Chacin... ahead of the pitcher. This plays right into the Giants hands.
- Chacin pitches around the walk. Big strikeouts of Rowand and Bowker.
- Jason Giambi just stole a base. Way to pull out all the stops!
- Back-to-back walks by Mora and Spilborghs load the base with two outs. Here's Phillips again.
- From 0-2 down, Phillips draws the RBI AB. Didn't even move the bat.
- Chacin squared up a first pitch fastball and almost hit it over Rowand's head. Nice play.
- Dexter Fowler. Fantastic play!
- Good defense and his 6th strikeout get Chacin through the 4th. Let's get this kid some more run support!
- Rockies 1, Giants 0
- Fowler robbed Panda of a double, Panda returns favor. Good defense today.
- Rockies go 1st & 3rd with two outs. Sanchez leaves the game in favor of Brandon Medders.
- Giambi draws a walk. Giants must be made to pay for these walks.
- Big time professional AB by Melvin Mora. Knocks in two big runs with an opposite field single.
- Spilly sends home another. Right back through the box.
- Phillips singles... and the run would have scored if Spilborghs wasn't running into an out at third. Nice job by the Giants to cut him down. Awful baseruning by Spilly.
- I mean seriously... where the hell was Spilborghs going?
- Giants get their first hit with two outs in the 5th. A double by Matt Downs.
- And now a walk. Settle down, kid - you've been great!
- Roward grounds out.
- Rockies 4, Giants 0
- Rockies waste a good chance: 1st & 2nd, 1 out. CarGo strikes out chasing a terrible pitch and Tulo pops up on the first pitch. Have to keep the foot on the pedal.
- Leadoff walk to Bowker. Starting to wander away from my keys to beating the Giants. Have to shut this one down.
- 6-4-3 on the Panda. Chacin making the big pitch when he needs it.
- Rockies go quickly and quietly.
- Ian Stewart in at third, Mora moves across to first. Defensive upgrade for the late innings.
- Chacin sets them down in order again. I believe his day is done, and this team could not have asked for anything more. Let's get this kid a little more insurance and close it down for him.
- Panda robs Barmes of an RBI double. What a ballplayer. His defense might be more impressive than his offense.
- Matt Downs leads off with a double on Matt Daley. He has both Giant hits and four total bases.
- Roward singles, Downs can't advance because Spilly made a great effort.
- Daley done here. Failed to do his job.
- Here's Franklin.
- Franklin strikes out this two men, included Pablo. I think he likes the pitching with traffic thing. Works for him.
- Dan Runzler gets the Rockies in order. Three big outs to go. Who gets the ball?
- It's Manny Corpas... and it's 4-1. Aubrey Huff to RF for the solo shot.
- Corpas gets the next three in order to a secure a big win. Nice team victory today, but obviously Jhoulys Chacin is the star.
- Final: Rockies 4, Giants 1