Checking in a little later after a Mother's Day gathering with the family.
- Doesn't look like I missed much.
- I see Tulo at third with one out.
- And Ian Stewart is able to sacrifice him home on a flyball. Good start.
- Rockies 1, Dodgers 0
- Dodgers showing sound fundamentals as well. Leadoff double by Blake, moved to third by Martin. Sets up Blake Dewitt
- Dewitt pops out, but Rogers make bad pitch to the pesky Jamey Caroll, who dumped right in to right field. Rogers will learns a valuable lesson there. You have to focus and execute every pitch at this level. Even the Jamey Carroll's can make you pay in their own way. It won't be a blast, but a bloop can hurt just as much.
- Rockies 1, Dodgers 1
- Feeble looking swings in that inning. Sometimes Kuroda will do that to you and you don't understand how or why.
- Wow. Rogers strikes out Xavier Paul on a fantastic changeup. Nasty.
- Ian Stewart with another horrendous throwing error. Fast runner in Kemp, yes, but slow down and make a big league throw.
- And now Matt Kemp steals second. Poor defense opening doors for the opponents again. Should be 2 out with no one on.
- Predictably, Ethier knocks in Kemp. Dodgers take advantage of all Rockies errors. Been that way since 1993.
- Rogers isn't sharp by any means, but he's at least making the Dodgers earn it. Defense needs to back him up.
- Dodgers 2, Rockies 1
- Tulo smacks one off the base of the wall for a double, CarGo bloops one right over second base to even the game at 2.
- Olivo with another rally killing AB. 6-4-3. Just when I was about to compliment the patient ABs the team was having.
- Rockies 2, Dodgers 2
- The dreaded leadoff walk. Couple good takes by Martin.
- Rogers gets three very weak grounders to strand the runner. Solid poise!
- Rockies hustle their way into 2nd and 3rd with no. Smith single, 1st to 3rd on a Fowler single, Fowler takes second on a bobble.
- Casey Blake robs Helton with a diving stab. Big play.
- CarGo battles tough, earns a sac fly RBI.
- Rockies 3, Dodgers 2
- The back and forth continues. Xavier Paul leads off with a double.
- Ethier ties it up again. Ringing double to deep right. He's a really studly baseball player.
- Somehow Barmes misses a liner. Right off the glove. Dodgers retake the lead.
- Wild pitch, RBI single by Martin.
- It's just another replay of every Rockies/Dodgers game in 2009.
- Feel awful for Rogers. He wasn't great, but geez, if a couple more plays get made behind him he's probably only allowed two runs right now.
- Dodgers 5, Rockies 3
- Casey Blake with another Web Gem. Dodgers winning this one with defense.
- EY rips a triple down the right field line. Smith dumps a single into left center.
- We gots a barnburner.
- A Dodger error helps steal the Rockies a run. Helton gets a sac fly. Back and forth. Poor defense at poor times.
- Tulo walks, CarGo bounces out on the first pitch. Maybe learn to take one of those sometimes.
- Dodgers 5, Rockies 5
- Matt Daley in. Another leadoff Dodger double. Jamey Carroll this time. Pressure right back on.
- This figures. Two quick outs after the double, but Kemp just flips one perfectly between Fowler and Gonzalez. That craps just never ends with the Dodgers.
- Dodgers 6, Rockies 5
- Vin Scully points out the Rockies are hitting .185 from the 7th inning on.
- Matt Belisle throws the Rockies best inning of the night. 1-2-3.
- Nothing for Fowler, Helton or Tulo against Ramon Troncoso.
- 6 up, 6 down for Matt Belisle. He deserves a win... hint hint... offense.
- Odd he blows a save two nights in a row?
- CarGo with a great AB. Fouled off 7-8 pitches before singling.
- Gonzalez out by 4 steps stealing. Not even close.