- Shane Victorino triples on an 0-2 pitch. Smith simply can't make a quality 0-2 pitch.
- Polanco with the sac fly. Hawpe made a great throw from fairly deep right. Good try.
- Another 0-2 basehit, this time by Chase Utley.
- Smith strikes out Howard. He's throwing strikes tonight, no doubt about that. Now he just needs to find more quality strikes.
- And then he walks Werth on four pitches. Maybe I need to shut up.
- Strikes out Ibanez. High pitch count inning but limited the damage.
- Phillies 1, Rockies 0
- Jason Giambi with a laser RBI single to even the score. Much needed hit for team and player.
- Rockies 1, Phillies 1
- Good first inning of baseball.
- I think this is going to be a long game. Smith with a full count on just about everyone in the inning. At least it was scoreless!
- Strikeout (Utley), Strikeout (Howard), Walk (Werth), Flyout (Ibanez). Good inning for Smith. One of his best of the season actually.
- Quality AB #2 and RBI #2 for Jason Giambi... sac fly.
- Rockies 2, Phillies 1
- Greg Smith with six strikeouts through four. Hats off so far.
- Rockies waste the leadoff Stewart double. If Olivo moves the runner, it's a run, but Olivo is a rally killer.
- Victorino with a walk. Fouled off 6-7 pitches. Terrific AB.
- Mora fails to turn another double play. Cost the Rockies a run on that play, and then Jayson Werth doubles in a run. So that's a two run error when the inning should have been over.
- Phillies 3, Rockies 2
- Kendrick balks home the tying run. Solid.
- Nice opposite field hitting by Brad Hawpe. RBI single reclaims the lead.
- Rockies 4, Phillies 3
- Like I said before, Ruiz is the toughest out for the Rockies in that lineup. Solo HR.
- Victorino flips another triple into right center. These Phillies can flat hit professionally.
- Wild pitch scores the go ahead run. Three giveaway runs. Ridiculous.
- Rockies go down 1-2-3 as we enter into the twilight innings.
- Phillies 5, Rockies 4
- Beimel did a good job. Utley had a well hit single, Howard blooped one in there. Struck out Werth and then get a flyout from Ibanez. Belisle in now to face the Rockie killer Ruiz.
- Belisle gets him to popout. He has quietly done a very solid job out of the bullpen. He's a different pitcher than last season.
- Three big Ribs for Giambi tonight. Bloops one over Chase Ultey to tie the game.
- The Phillies turn a clutch DP that the Rockies couldn't. That's why the Phillies are the cream of the crop and the Rockies are clawing to get there.
- Rockies 5, Phillies 5
- More incredibly lousy defense as Brad Hawpe drops a flyball.
- Randy Flores pitches over it as he gets Chase Utley to fly to left. Great job by Belisle and Flores.
- Rockies leave another pair on base. Going to the ninth all squared up.
- Tracy decides to intentionally walk Ibanez to set up Rockie killer Carlos Ruiz (.520 in May). No, that didn't work.
- Ross Gload then caps the scoring a three-run HR.
- Final: Phillies 9, Rockies 5