Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lineup Card: 6-7-11 Rockies @ Padres

If you're looking for Rockies game lineups and you don't feel like searching all over Twitter or waiting for MLB.com to post them, check back to Heaven & Helton about 60-90 minutes before first pitch. They should be here waiting for you.

Links
Lineups

Colorado Rockies (28-31)
  1. CF Carlos Gonzalez
  2. 2B Chris Nelson
  3. 1B Todd Helton
  4. SS Troy Tulowitzki
  5. RF Seth Smith
  6. 3B Ty Wigginton
  7. LF Charlie Blackmon (MLB Debut)
  8. C   Jose Morales
  9. P   Ubaldo Jimenez
I'll just say this about Charlie Blackmon. The kid is a terrific hitter, but I'm not expecting miracles. I'm not expecting him to instantly fix every problem the Rockies have offensively. Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki have to pick it up before that become a realistic hope. 

That said, I'm very excited to watch Blackmon play. I'm optimistic he will contribute positively. I'm confident he gives the Rockies a better 25-man roster. And most of all, I hope he's a fixture in the lineup for the next 6-8 years. 

San Diego Padres (27-34)
  1. CF Chris Denorfia
  2. SS Jason Bartlett
  3. 3B Chase Headley
  4. LF Ryan Ludwick
  5. RF Brad Hawpe
  6. 1B Jorge Cantu
  7. C   Kyle Phillips
  8. 2B Alberto Gonzalez
  9. P   Tim Stauffer

0 comments: