Thursday, June 2, 2011

Player Rankings: 6-2-11

Just a reminder of the guidelines...

Everything is taken into consideration -- offense, defense, pitching, clutchness, baserunning, consistency, awareness, intelligence. My personal evaluation and opinions. Stats used only when I need to break a tie in my mind. No BABIP analysis, focus on Ultimate Zone Ratings, or anything like that.

I'm looking back pretty much at the month of May. Any player that stepped on the field in a Rockies uniform in that dreadful month will be ranked somewhere... even the players who are no longer in the Rockies organization or currently injured.

Away we go...
  1. Matt Lindstrom
  2. Todd Helton
  3. Matt Belisle
  4. Carlos Gonzalez
  5. Matt Reynolds
  6. Troy Tulowitzki
  7. Jhoulys Chacin
  8. Seth Smith
  9. Chris Iannetta
  10. Jason Hammel
  11. Ryan Spilborghs
  12. Jason Giambi
  13. Jorge De La Rosa
  14. Ty Wigginton
  15. Juan Nicasio (1 start gets him this high...)
  16. Jonathan Herrera
  17. Ubaldo Jimenez
  18. Eric Young
  19. Clayton Mortensen
  20. Dexter Fowler
  21. Rafael Betancourt
  22. Chris Nelson
  23. Greg Reynolds
  24. Huston Street
  25. Jose Morales
  26. Jose Lopez
  27. Alfredo Amezaga
  28. Bruce Billings
  29. Franklin Morales
  30. Matt Daley
  31. Felipe Paulino
  32. Ian Stewart
Player Rankings: 4-21-11

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks good, although I'm curious to know why Spilly is ranked so high? I'd probably bump up Jose Morales too, especially after calling Ubaldo's game Wednesday.

Mark Townsend said...

I actually almost went higher on Spilly. After a dreadful April, he hit .347 in May with a .431 OBP and I felt had some of the best at-bats on the team. I feel like he earned a good ranking.

Oh Jose Morales: You're probably right. He's a tough guy to rank because he doesn't play a whole lot, but more times than not I like what he does. I'll think more about that next time.

Thanks for weighing in!

Michelle said...

Good point re: Spilly. I guess I'm having a hard time forgetting that dreadful April! And I realized that Morales's great game Wednesday was actually in June so ... that ranking may be about right.