We jump into the action in the top half of the third.
- Mets 1, Rockies 0
- We start with De La Rosa walking the pitcher, a high chopper over Stewart's head, and a botched rundown allowing a pitcher to score.
- This defense right now isn't just embarrassing, it's bullshit. There's no excuses for the lapses we're seeing.
- Drew Goodman with some odd commentary.
- Mike Pelfrey cruising so far today. Couple infield singles allowed and that would be the extent of that.
- Jim Tracy: "De La Rosa's command issues are no longer a concern." Not an exact quote, but pretty much what he's been saying about Jorge. Jorge walks his third batter, second leadoff man, one was a pitcher.
- Seth Smith throws to the wrong base on a hit. Moves runners to 2nd and 3rd. Yawn.
- Walk. Bases loaded.
- Melvin Mora can't turn a DP that would have ended the inning with no damage.
- Pelfrey follows with a single. That figures. Mets end up with two.
- Mets 4, Rockies 0
- The Mets may as well start every inning with the bases loaded. They've been getting there one way or another. This time there was a couple walks, a hit, a wild pitch. Just a whole crapload of nonsense.
- And the Mets only add one. They aren't very good.
- Mets 5, Rockies 0
- I knew a 1-2-3 inning was too much to ask for. De La Rosa cane close though. Maybe he can get a 0 up there at least!
- He got the 0! Now let's go for a crooked number.
- Good chance for Esmil Rogers to get work today. He follows the DLR script (or maybe it's the gameplan?) by walking the leadoff man.
- Nice inning by Rogers. Even on the ickiest days there's always a couple positives. This might be as positive as it gets.
- Rogers turning into a big positive. He's retired six in a row since the walk and is displaying a nasty curveball.
- Matt Belisle with a 1-2-3 inning. Nine in a row retired by the bullpen. As bad as it's been today, at least the bullpen didn't get abused.
- The Rockies simply did NOT show up.
- Final: Mets 5, Rockies 0
- Unhappy thoughts to follow later.