The return of good Aaron Cook must happen... NOW.
Return of good Rockies offense would also be nice.
Because it's the crappy infield defensive lineup. Giambi at first, Mora at second -- he's more comfortable at third. Bleh!
Marlins will give Cameron Maybin the nightcap off. Chris Coghlan returns in his place. Wes Helms takes over at third, moving Jorge Cantu to first.
- A good start for Cook. There was a hit in there, but he wiped that out with a 1-6-3 DP. Under 10 pitches.
- Fowler doubles, steals third, scores on a catcher error. I'm telling you, Dexter is instant offense if he can just get on base. LOVE speed.
- Melvin Mora is raking. He doubles home Giambi, who was hit by a pitch earlier. Giambi looks like he needs a complete refueling after scoring from first.
- Good start.
- Rockies 2, Marlins 0
- Credit to Jason Giambi where it's due. He just saved Ian Stewart an error with a terrific leaping catch and tag of the bag. He looks nimble tonight.
- Cookie walks John Baker on four pitches, but comes back to punch out Cody Ross. Two good innings.
- Robertson hits Ian Stewart above the elbow. Some control issues for the pitcher wearing glasses.
- That's all the Rockies muster here.
- Melvin Mora picks up an error at second. How is it that he can be so good, so smooth, so rangy at third base, and he can't figure out a hop at second base? Now the Rockies are in deep trouble with Hanley coming up.
- Cook gets Hanley, barely - Mora almost yakked the throw to first- but throws about 7-8 extra pitches. I'm sick of Cook getting screwed by the defense.
- Fowler leads off with a walk. Let's watch him run!
- What the hell is Rick Dauer doing? Attempts to score from first on a ball cutoff not deep into the outfield. Easy out at the plate. Would have been 1st and 3rd, 1 out.
- I don't care what Drew and George say there... that was dumb.
- Miguel Olivo 3-run HR. Dammit, I love this guy. I want Chris Iannetta to do well so badly, but O-LIV-O FTW.
- Rockies 5, Marlins 0
- Aaron Cook: Dealing. Piling up the groundballs and busting the Marlins in on their hands. Good stuff.
- Rockies gets a little two out traffic but Robertson retires Giambi to close the inning. Cook back to the bump.
- Cook up to 7 in a row retired. Marlins pounding the ball into the grass.
- Spilborghs now 0-for-3 with 3 strikeouts. What the heck happened there?
- Trouble for Cook: Coghlan and Helms (3-for-3) single. Hanley up with 2 on, no outs.
- Giambi boots one (DUH!) but still gets Hanley (barely) at first.
- Marlins get one so far on a Cantu groundout. We'll gladly trade that run for the out.
- And that's all the fish will get. Nice job by Cook.
- Cook with the bat, basehit to right. Rockies pitchers doing some raking this season.
- CarGo now 0-for-8 on the day. That'll kill an average in a real hurry.
- Dexter reaches for the 4th time tonight. That'll make up for CarGo's cold streak.
- Rockies get the lost run back + one more on a Tulo 2-run double. He's starting to hit some rockets himself.
- Rockies 7, Marlins 1
- Helton takes over at first defensively. *Sigh of relief*
- Cook finishes a 1-2-3 7th short of 90 pitches. He may get a chance to go the distance.
- Mr. Wrestling II, Tim Wood, delivers his patented running kneelift for a 1-2-3 7th.
- That's an old pro wrestling reference that I'm sure less than 2% of you got. Sorry.
- Chris Coghlan singles and then gets picked off. How does one get picked off down 6?
- Cook safely through 8. Chance for a complete game looking pretty good.
- Sneak Preview: Aaron Cook is the winning player. 2 hits, a sacrifice and , oh yeah, brilliant pitching.
- Gonzalez snaps his 0-for-8 on the day. Fowler follows by reaching for the 5th time. Bases loaded, no outs for Tulo... TULO!
- No RBI for Tulo, 6-4-3, but the Rockies get their 8th run.
- Rockies 8, Marlins
- Cook going for the complete game. Love it!
- A Cookmanlike complete game for Aaron. Win #1 was a beauty. Hope he can build on this one with more exactly like it.
- Final: Rockies 8, Marlins 1
- More to come.